Our Unique Position
The Forest Landowners Association represents the economic interests of private forest landowners and their unique natural resource assets.
Why That’s Important
At FLA, we understand that forestland is essential to your economic prosperity, heritage, and legacy. We are committed to preserving America’s tradition of private forest ownership, promoting the importance of forest resources, and securing a legacy that can be passed to the next generation.
Who We Represent
Our members range from large forest businesses whose land has been in their families for generations to those who have become forest landowners because they view forests as a long-term investment. Regardless of property size, our members manage their land with a sustainable approach, ensuring the prosperity of their forests for future generations. We are comprised of members whose land has remained in their family for generations, and others that are recent investors, REITs, and business owners.
To ensure an expanding economic climate that enables America’s forest landowners to prosper from their timber resources. That means:
- Strengthening traditional and non-traditional market opportunities.
- A regulatory structure that encourages the sustainable management of private forests.
- Trade policy that grows our markets.
- Tax policy that ensures the future of our businesses.
For forest landowners to be acknowledged for the economic and environmental contributions their working forests make to society. In doing so our vision:
- Establishes a regulatory framework that benefits working forests and the landowners who maintain them.
- Ensures a legacy of sustainable and profitable forest ownership for future generations.
- Provides economic opportunities for their forest products.
- Guarantees free and open markets.
The Forest Landowners Association is the only organization that exclusively represents forest landowners and their economic interests at the national level — regardless of size, corporate structure, location, certification status, or tax classification.