Forest America is an initiative among private forest landowners and those representing all aspects of forestry to promote the management, stewardship and sustainability of America’s forests.
Forest America is committed to continuous improvement and supporting U.S. private forest landowners efforts to increase confidence and trust in today’s management and sustainability of working forests.
Forestry is our profession – but for most of us, it is also our life. For us, forests are our livelihood, our heritage and our legacy.
- Effectively communicate the benefits of private working forests for the public good.
- Provide unbiased information about forestry topics of broad public interest.
- Strive to facilitate informed decisions regarding forestry-related issues.
- To be a source for issues, facts and figures related to private working forests, which is understandable, unbiased, and accurate.
- Create a positive perception of America’s forest landowners as responsible stewards of forest resources and the environment.
- Change the misconception that America’s private forests are in danger and not sustainable.
Forest America Community
America’s Working Forests Are Strong
America’s working forests and the stewardship of their Caretakers—those communities of families who manage the forests and ensure sustainable harvests to meet the needs of the nation and the world—are a vital part of the nation’s economy and healthy ecosystems. Forest America is a meeting place for that community as well as, for policymakers, legislators, journalists and anyone else who has an interest in learning about America’s working forests. Just as important, we want the larger community to recognize the issues confronting our Caretakers, from tax issues to open markets to environmental regulations. Forest America serves as a repository of information about working forests and is a place to learn about the challenges and opportunities facing these productive lands and their Caretakers. It will introduce you to our Caretakers, the families who own, manage the forests and harvest its timber with a sustainable approach that ensures the health and vitality of these forests for generations to come.